My rating: 3 of 5 stars
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE BOOK:
It really isn’t that different from any of their other sci-fi-romances. Except for the setting. HOW MANY TIMES WILL THEY RECYCLE THE SAME CRAPPY ROMANCE????
Also Steve West sounds like a robot throughout this entire audiobook. It was just as boring as it sounds.
Basically it’s this, but roles reversed… and they’re in the alien Aztec temple. That’s it. Boom. Wow so interesting. Wow so diverse (I did appreciate that one of the main protags was mixed-race, and the other was from a low SES background).
Just add all of their previous works together, but change the name of the planet.
The same as usual, folks.
– Two women manipulate teens to adore their books
– two people who are mortal enemies = hottest thing there is
– people who are dying and it’s actually ugly and revolting, but somehow they kiss after knowing each other for mere days, and suddenly it’s eternal love
– it’s always WALL-E but two dimensional
– daddy issues
– money issues
– their publishers are the kings of hype-beast
I’m excited about the sequel, after finding out (view spoiler)
They’re the same person.
Perhaps Spooner is the name of Kaufman’s story generator. (Which we all know she has).